Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Funded by an endowment, the mission of the nonpartisan Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky (Foundation) is to address the unmet health needs of Kentuckians by developing and influencing policy, improving access to care, reducing health risks and disparities, and promoting health equity. Since the Foundation opened its doors in 2001, it has invested more than $27 million in health policy research, advocacy, and demonstration project grants across the Commonwealth.
This is a full-time, exempt position with excellent benefits. The position reports to the Vice President, Operations and Administration, and provides general administrative support for the Foundation office, coordinates the use of the conference facility, and provides concierge services for tenants of (c)space (a coworking space operated by the Foundation). The Foundation office is located in the Lyndon area of Eastern Jefferson County.
- Reception – Serve as first point of contact for the Foundation and tenants of (c)space, answering and routing telephone calls and greeting visitors and conference participants. Maintain neat and orderly appearance of reception area.
- Conference facility – Maintain the calendar for use of the conference facility, securing proof of insurance, issuing invoices, and providing guidance on logistics, set-up, facility use, policy and procedures. Onsite contact while facility is in use, providing audio-visual (AV) support. Maintain neat and orderly appearance of conference facility
- (c)space – Maintain basic office supplies for the (c)space business center, orient tenants on use of space (i.e. coffee machine, copier, wireless pass code), field maintenance requests and assist with planning and implementation of (c)space member events (i.e. coffee hour, luncheons).
- Office supplies/equipment – Track and order office supplies and arrange for needed maintenance of office equipment, (i.e. copiers), keep storage and supply rooms neat and organized.
- Meeting/event support – Coordinate with lead staff to support Foundation meetings and events which may include securing meeting space, sending calendar invitations, tracking RSVPs, developing support materials, distributing meeting packets, assembling name badges and registration lists/materials, making hotel arrangements, ordering meals and refreshments, and providing AV setup and support.
- Light errands – Occasional trips to the post office, bank, or to pick up meeting supplies.
- General administrative – Sorting mail, filing, formatting documents and other administrative support/clerical duties as assigned.
- 5 years previous administrative support or customer service experience preferred.
- Track record of OUTSTANDING customer service skills / telephone manner.
- Highly organized, fastidious.
- Computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, excellent English and
- Ability to interact effectively within a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under typical office conditions, which require sitting, standing,
walking, reaching, bending and stooping, and ability to move training room tables (on
casters) and chairs to configure meeting room setups.
- Evening/weekend work rare, but possible.
- Light travel in state.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer.
Email or mail a cover email or letter including your salary requirements and send with your
Mary Jo Shircliffe
Vice President, Operations and Administration
Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky
1640 Lyndon Farm Court, Suite 100
Louisville, KY 40223
Candidates called for an interview may be asked to take a computer proficiency test and to
provide a minimum of three professional references. Hiring subject to background check.
Position open until filled.
No Phone Calls Please.